HE OWYHEE CANYONLANDS NEEDS YOU NOW.
Will you join us in Salem on Monday, May 23 to ensure our Oregon lawmakers know Oregonians want the Owyhee Canyonlands protected? RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you’ll be hopping on the Portland or Bend buses to Salem.
Rally for the Owyhee Canyonlands
Monday, May 23
8 a.m. — Join us on Oregon Capitol steps
8:30 a.m. — House committee hearing on Owyhee Canyonlands begins
Noon — Rally for the Owyhee on the Capitol’s west steps!
The House Committee on Rural Communities, Land Use and Water will hold an information hearing to learn about permanent protection for the Owyhee. A group opposing protection will be there in force, so it’s critical that supporters like you peacefully show our leaders how much you care about protecting the Owyhee.
We’ll meet at Oregon Capitol Building’s main entrance (900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301) at 8 a.m. on Monday, May 23. See map.
Drive yourself: Arrive at Capitol Building’s main entrance (900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301) at 8 a.m. Get parking information here.
Get on the bus: We’ll have coffee and pastries for early risers!
- *Portland Bus: Departs from Gateway/NE 99th Ave Transit Center Park & Ride (1321 NE 99th Ave, Portland, OR 97220) at 6:45 a.m. Monday. Returns by 2:30 p.m.
- *Bend Bus: Departs Oregon Natural Desert Association’s office (50 SW Bond St. Ste #4, Bend, OR 97702) at 5 a.m. Monday. Returns by 4:30 p.m.
WHAT TO BRING
- *Please wear bright blue to show you’re an Oregonian who is #WildForTheOwyhee!
- *Birder? Kayaker? Backpacker? Bring the gear you love to use in the Owyhee.
- *Bring family, friends and your peaceful and enthusiastic attitude!
Let us know you can make it AND if you’ll be hopping on the Portland or Bend bus: RSVP to email@example.com.
P.S. Can’t make it? Please send an email telling the committee that you love the Owyhee and want to see it protected, now! firstname.lastname@example.org