Boaters flock to the Owyhee Wild and Scenic River from all over the nation for unmatched solitude and startling beauty. The canyon walls along the Owyhee are so immense that the New York Times proclaimed it “Oregon’s Grand Canyon” — in places like Green Dragon Canyon it’s nearly 1,000 vertical feet to the rim.
Whether you’re looking for a family vacation or extreme whitewater adventure, each section of the Owyhee offers geology, scenery, wildlife and cultural wonders that you will not find anywhere else.
Owyhee River Guides
The best way for first-timers to tackle the Owyhee River is likely a guided trip. Here are a number of outfitters operating in the Owyhee Canyonlands.
- Ouzel Outfitters | 541-385-5947
- Momentum River Expeditions | 541-488-2525
- Oregon River Experiences | 503-563-1500
- ROW Adventures | 800-451-6034
- Northwest Rafting Company | 541-450-9855